Resources at Johns Hopkins
Members of the Johns Hopkins community are urged to report all observed or experienced behaviors of concern and acts of violence to an appropriate campus authority in a timely manner. You can use the list below to determine who to contact based on your role or location.
In addition to Safe at Hopkins and the Risk Assessment Team, Johns Hopkins has a long list of resources to help faculty, staff, and students with their concerns. If you need help navigating to the correct place to share your concerns, you can get help here.
Reported behaviors of concern and acts of violence will be responded to and handled in a manner that respects the privacy of all involved. If at any time you have questions regarding safety, contact Security. If you are concerned for your immediate safety, contact Security or 911.
Johns Hopkins will not permit employment-based retaliation against anyone who, in good faith, brings a complaint of disruptive behavior or act of violence, or who speaks as a witness in the investigation of a complaint.
Who to Contact
- Johns Hopkins University Faculty – report incidents to a department chair, dean for faculty affairs, or member of the Risk Assessment Team: George Economas (East Baltimore) or Mark Long (Homewood), Security; Michelle Carlstrom, Safe at Hopkins; Patricia McLean, Office of the General Counsel.
- Johns Hopkins University Staff – report incidents to your supervisor, Human Resources and/or Employee Relations, or Security at 410-516-7777.
- Johns Hopkins University Residents and Fellows – report incidents to your residency or program director, the Dean of Academic Affairs or Postdoctoral Affairs, or Security at 410-955-5585.
- Johns Hopkins University Students – report to your Dean, Director of Student Affairs, or Security at 410-516-7777.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System sites other than those listed below – report incidents to HR Consulting and Labor Relations at 410-955-6783 or Security at 410-955-5585.
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center – HR, Jessie Kohajda at 410-550-7523 or Security at 410-550-0333.
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians – HR, Leslie Rhode at 410-338-3500.
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC – HR, Joe Rammacca at 410-424-4615.
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group – HR, Denise Lannon at 410-288-8135 or Security at 410-550-0333.
- Howard County General Hospital – HR at 410-740-7815 or Security at 410-740-7911.
- Sibley Memorial Hospital – HR at 202-537-4750 or Security at 202-537-4674.
- Suburban Hospital – HR at 301-896-3830 or Security at 301-896-2500.